Ingredients for this dish
Here's the third dish that costs only Ringgit 3.50 [Penang price]. Notice the quantity. This is also a good dish for porridge.
600 gm soft shell clams [lala]
2 tbsp shredded ginger
2 cloves garlic - sliced
1 red chilli - cut shreds
2 tbsp preserved soy bean [tau cheong]
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 stalk spring onion cut 3 cm length
2 tbsp oil
- Wash clams several times under running water and soak in water for 1/2 hour. Wash and drain before frying.
- Heat oil in wok. Saute ginger, chilli and tau cheong till fragrant. On high heat, add clams and sugar. Fry to combine ingredients and cover to cook clams for 1-2 minutes till the shells opened up fully.
- Add spring onions. Stir and dish out immediately on plate. Do not overcook clams.
- If not frying clams immediately, always soak in water till cooking time. Before frying drain dry in colander.
- Clams must be fresh otherwise, it would taste salty.