Another lovely Thai fried fish cake which is easy to prepare using the Thai Red Curry paste [see posting]. Didn't know that Tod Mun means Fried Fish Cake. Simply mix the Tod Mun ingredients together and pan fry the paste until golden and cooked. Can be eaten just like that with or without the dipping sauce.
Ingredients for Tod Mun [Fried Fish Cake]
100 gm french beans - thinly sliced
5-6 kaffir lime leaves - finely sliced
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
enough oil for frying
- Mix and combine all the ingredients into a thick paste.
- Heat up a non stick pan with a little oil. Scoop a spoonful of mixture into the pan. Leave to fry until base is slightly golden and firm. Flip over to fry the other side until golden and cooked through. Dish out and place on kitchen absorbent paper.
- Make several fish cake at a time until the mixture is finished [fry a few at a time so that you don't need too much oil which has to be discarded after frying].
- Place fried fish cake on serving plate and serve with Tod Mun Sauce and sliced cucumber.
1/2 tsp chilli paste
5 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp peanuts
1/2 quartered, thinly sliced cucumber [I didn't add it this time]
- Mix all ingredients together [except ground peanuts and cucumber] in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Cool and add in ground peanuts before serving with Tod Mun [fried fish cake].