Many blogger friends have made this bread long ago which I had listed down to do. Each have their own way and adding various kinds of dried fruits. All are unique on its own. Honestly, I was at a lost of which to follow. Finally, I made this for my last posting for 2014 and very sorry my friends, since I have no more almond flakes in my fridge, I substituted it with melon seeds. Turns out nice too. I omit the icing sugar too cos' I'm cutting down on sugar, hehehe!. That's better for old folks like my hubby and me.
Thanks to all for sharing their experiences in making this bread. Texture and taste is good. Bread is soft, moist and tasty quite similar to the Pull Apart Bread or Monkey Bread.
[used 6 inch tube pan - brush with some melted butter and sprinkle lightly with some plain flour]
200 gm bread flour
20 gm castor sugar
3/4 tsp instant yeast
120 ml milk
1 tbsp condensed milk or sweetened creamer
20 gm butter
Filling [mix together and set aside]
20 gm condensed milk or sweetened creamer
20 gm soft butter
Almond flakes, dried fruits or your choice [I used melon seeds]
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl [except butter] mix until a smooth dough and add in butter. Continue to knead till smooth and elastic dough, cover and set aside to rise till double in size [about 30 minutes].
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape 8” x 12”. Slice into four equal portions.
- Use a brush, brush the filling on top of a dough and stack another dough on top, brush the filling on the dough and repeat till all stack up.
- Cut the dough with filling into 8 equal portions.
- Arrange the dough into a greased chiffon or tube pan. I left it in the oven to proof for about 1 hour or until double in size.
- Brush with egg glaze and sprinkle almond flakes or your choice of dried fruits [I brushed with milk and sprinkle melon seeds on top before baking].
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees C for 20-25 minutes at middle rack or until golden brown.
- Remove bread from the chiffon pan and brush with some melted butter immediately or once cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar.
WISHING ALL DEAR READERS AND FRIENDS
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015
STAY HAPPY, SAFE, HEALTHY AND WEALTHY