|Cranberry Yoghurt Chiffon
Ingredients - Egg Yolk Mixture
3 large egg yolks
1.5 to 2 tbsp castor sugar
3 tbsp corn oil
80 gm cranberry yoghurt or plain yoghurt
80 gm plain flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder [sifted and add in dried cranberries]
60 gm dried cranberries - chopped coarsely
- Whisk egg yolks with castor sugar till creamy and add in corn oil [1 tbsp at a time]. Mix well after each addition. Then add in yoghurt. Mix well, fold in flour with cranberries till well combined. Set aside. Preheat oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the meringue.
Ingredients - Egg White Mixture
3 large egg white
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Whisk egg white in a clean mixing bowl till frothy, then add in cream of tartar. Continue beating for a second and add in caster sugar gradually. Continue beating all the time till soft peaks formed [Note - it is easier to fold in soft peak egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture. Do not overbeat meringue]
- Fold in 1/2 the egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture till well combined. Then fold into the balance egg white mixture. Fold till mixtures are well combined.
- Pour into 7" chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes on lower rack.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert pan to cool cake before removing from pan.