Followers

Friday, July 12, 2013

Steamed Chicken Wings


Never given any attention to identify which are the dishes that belongs to Selangor or Kuala Lumpur food.  So long as the food  at these places are good and yummy, nothing matters.  By chance, I saw this book Rasa Malaysia by Betty Saw which categorised the recipes according to various states of Malaysia.  

This is one of the dishes which was under Selangor food category that looks good,  yet easy to prepare.  Just marinate the chicken wings and steam to cook. 

This steamed chicken is very aromatic, fragrant and the gravy is yummylicious.  Nice with plain white rice.

Ingredients
6 chicken wings - end tip removed and cut at the joint
2 dried mushrooms - soaked and cut strips
1 red chilli
some chopped coriander leaves and spring onions
1 tbsp oil
Marinating Sauce
1 tbsp each of light soy sauce and oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp cornflour
2.5 cm ginger - scrape skin and chopped finely [I juliened the ginger]
  1. Wash chicken wings and drain dry.  Marinate with marinating sauce for at least an hour.
  2. Place marinated chicken wings, red chilli and mushrooms in a steaming plate and steam over high heat for 12 minutes.
  3. Remove and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and spring onions.
  4. Serve immediately.
I'm linking this post to 

 I am also submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest Kuala Lumpur Selangor Month 

Malaysian Food Fest

I'm also linking this post to Cook Your Books #2 Event  hosted by Kitchen Flavours

  photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

12 comments:

Lite Home Bake said...

I love simple steamed dishes. They are such a breeze when one is in a rush. Didn't know this is a Selangor dish :)

PH said...

Kimmy, this is another nice way to enjoy chicken wings. I also saw this recipe in the book and I thought it was ordinary. But now that I see yours, I don't think it is ordinary anymore. It looks very delicious!

Kimmy said...

Hi Lite Home Bake, this dish is also good for contingency. Me too love simple steamed dishes.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, it is yummy and economical to cook. The dish only costs about RM 4-5.

Unknown said...

Yes, my favorite dish too!

Kimmy said...

Hello Fong, glad that more people are accepting steamed food. I find that the preparation and cooking is so much hassle free and healthy too.

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Kimmy! We cook something very very close to this frequently at home too. Additional ingredient we use is chinese sausage...

Angie's Recipes said...

It looks so succulent and I love all the flavours in this steamed chicken.

Kimmy said...

Hi Angie, the chicken wings were juicy sweet and have all the flavours of the seasonings.

Zoe said...

Hi Kimmy,

Flavoursome, homey, healthy and economical. This is exactly the kind of food that I need to cook for my family.

Zoe

Kimmy said...

Hi Zoe, yes this dish is good in every sense. Honestly, you can't get to enjoy this outside the home for that price. Moreover, I make sure all the feather roots and excess fats were removed.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
I love chicken wings, that's my most favourite part of the chicken! And these looks delicious!
Thanks for linking to CYB!