Simple ingredients with chicken wings only and very basic seasoning. It is easy to prepare without compromising its taste and flavours.
Lovely homey dish that goes well with rice. I believe this dish would be good to serve with blanched noodles with a sprinkle of chopped spring onions. Kids would love this wings.
The chicken wings are tender but still has a bite, so tasty to bite and chew at it. It tastes savoury, sweet and sourish which makes it delicious.
6 chicken wings - tips removed, cut into 2 sections
some chopped spring onions
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp gula merah [I used Jaggery sugar]
1 tbsp vinegar [I used Apple Cider vinegar]
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tsp dark soy sauce [for colour]
1 tsp sesame seed oil
- Marinate chicken wings with some light soy sauce, pepper and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside [can prepare this and refrigerate until required].
- Lightly grease a non stick wok, arrange drumlets to fry until golden in colour, turning to make sure it is nicely brown. Can fry in 2 batches.
- Add in some chopped spring onions, stir fry until aromatic. Add in soy sauce, cooking wine and vinegar. Bring to a bubbly boil before adding sugar, dark soy sauce and enough water to cover the wings.
- Stir to mix well and leave to simmer until wings are cooked through and tender.
- Dish up when wings are well coated with the thick gravy.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.