- Mix brinjals with some salt, oil and cornstarch. Toss and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a non stick wok, add in brinjals and carrots. Spread out in a single layer if possible. Fry until slightly charred [about 2 minutes]. Push aside add in garlic to fry until aromatic.
- Stir in chillies and onions Continue to fry, then add in some light soy sauce for extra flavour and water. Toss well.
- Dish up to taste.
Monday, August 31, 2020
Friday, August 28, 2020
- Marinate chicken pieces with marinade for some 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok, saute yellow onions for 1-2 seconds. Dish up, set aside.
- Using the same wok, add in chicken to fry until light charred. Add in garlic, continue to fry until aromatic.
- Add seasoning, then some water [I prefer some gravy] continue to stir until chicken is cooked through.
- Add chillies, fried onions and spring onions. Taste to adjust seasoning. Thicken with cornstarch water, then the fried onions and garlic.
- Dish up to serve.
Monday, August 17, 2020
- Prepare the ingredients as above.
- Heat a non stick wok with some oil [I used a multi-purpose non stick cooker], stir fry aromatics until aromatic.
- Add in meat pieces and mushrooms, seasoning. Stir fry to mix well for 1-2 minutes. Add in hot water enough to cover ingredients. Bring to boil, cover with lid, turn to medium heat.
- Continue to braise/simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring in between cooking time. Taste to fine tune seasoning. Braise until meat is tender water is reduce to thick runny consistency. Off heat and leave to rest until serving time.
- Reheat to serve with rice.
Friday, August 14, 2020
Can say it has been a long, long while I did not hand knead my bread dough from stretch, think ever since I was using the electric mixer. But now, I may have to knead with my hands as my electric mixer for 3 decades is 'out of order'.
Back to this recipe, is adapted from Che Nom Roti Benggali Recipe with some modifications. Of course, her bread looks good [soft and chewy]. Mine is not bad too but I need to practise my hand kneading to get to her standard if possible.
- Add yeast to lukewarm water in a cup, add in sugar. Stir well and leave for 2-3 minutes until frothy.
- Mix bread flour, wheat bran, sugar, salt in a mixing bowl. Add in yeast mixture and extra water gradually to knead into a soft dough.
- Remove from bowl and knead on a smooth table top for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in magarine and continue to knead until smooth, not sticky and pliable. Add in raisins, knead to incorporate into dough.
- Shape into a round ball, cover to proof for 20-30 minutes or double in size.
- Punch down dough to release trapped air, roll and shape into a Swiss roll dough.
- Place on a Pullman tin lined with parchment paper. Cover to proof until double in size [about 1 hour].
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees C for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from tin to cool on wire rack before slicing to serve.