- Bring water to boil in an electric rice cooker [Porridge Mode].
- Rinse the herbs. Add all the herbs to water. Close lid, continue to cook for about 30 minutes. Turn off the rice cooker.
- Add in other ingredients and seasoning. Switch cooker to quick cook mode, close lid and leave to cook for another 30 minutes. Off heat. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot with rice. [I served it with Vegetarian Yam Rice previous post].
Friday, October 30, 2020
Thursday, October 29, 2020
- Prepare the ingredients required as stated above.
- Wash rice and drained. Add in the seasoning ingredients to rice.
- Heat up a non-stick pot of an electric rice cooker [ i chose Quick Cook mode]. Add oil to saute ginger, preserved radish and mushrooms until aromatic. Then add in the Okara [dried gluten pieces].
- Continue to fry until aromatic and well mix. Add in yam pieces, stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add in the rice, continue to stir fry the ingredients to mix evenly.
- Add in mock meat if using, then add in enough hot water to cook rice. Give it a good stir, add more dark soy sauce if it is too light in colour. Mix well. Taste to adjust seasoning at this time.
- Close the cooker lid, turn off rice cooker. Then restart cooker, choosing 'Quick Cook' mode to continue cooking rice. Halfway through cooking, stir the rice [to ensure rice is evenly cooked], close lid and leave the rice to complete the rice cooking cycle in the cooker.
- Fluff up rice before serving. I served the yam rice with a vegetarian herbal soup [See Recipe Here].
- Garnish with cut chillies, Chinese celery or other condiments you like.
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
When on meatless diet, many is of the opinion that one would get hungry faster compared to meat diet. Basically, this depends on individuals. You can still eat a big portion of meatless dishes and will stay full for longer time. But I noticed that eating food that is just cooked while it is still hot is more appetising than otherwise.
- Combine seasoning ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Heat up a non stick wok, stir fry Eryngii mushrooms until fragrant and lightly charred. Add in oil and chopped ginger [can use garlic for meatless dish]. Stir fry until aromatic.
- Add in the cabbage, carrots, black fungus an d some combined seasoning. Stir until well mixed. Dish up.
- Using the same wok, add 1 cup of water and remaining seasoning sauce. Bring to boil before adding the soaked glass noodles to cook. Stir fry to mix well, return the fried ingredients, toss well, then cover to cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove lid, toss to mix ingredients.
- Continue to toss and fry until the noodles have absorbed the water. Noodles should be limp, chewy [QQ] and soaks up the water and sauce.
- Lastly add in Chinese celery, toss to mix. Dish up to serve with cut red chillies in light soy sauce.
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Rinse tofu puffs in hot water, drained and squeezed out excess water. Cut diagonally.
- Combine seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a non stick wok over medium heat, add oil and saute ginger until fragrant, Add in tofu puffs, stir fry for several seconds. Push aside, add in carrots, continue to fry for awhile then mix with tofu puffs.
- Add in combined seasoning mix. Stir fry for a minute before adding enough water to cover the ingredients. Cover to cook until carrots are tender and water reduced. Taste to adjust seasoning [ add salt if necessary].
- Thicken with cornstarch water. Add in cut Chinese celery or spring onions.
- Dish up to serve.