One easy to cook Chinese vegetable dish yet it is appetising and tasty. Suitable for the old and young.
The brinjals and tomatoes are cooked till soft but not soggy. The minced meat is tasty with the seasonings. Sweet brinjals pairs off well with the sourish tomatoes. Basil leaves are added which gives a refreshing aroma and brightens up this dish. Moreover, basil leaves and brinjals are perfect combination in a dish.
100 gm minced meat
1 small brinjal – cut wedges
1-2 tomatoes – cut wedges
A bunch of basil leaves
1 tbsp each of chopped garlic and ginger
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp each of preserved soy bean paste [fine tau cheong], cooking wine, light soy sauce and Apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp chilli sauce
1/2 tsp sugar to taste [I used a dash of msg]
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok, sauté garlic and ginger until romatic, add in minced meat. Continue to fry until it turns white and fragrant.
- Add in seasoning and tomatoes. Stir to mix well, add in brinjals [you can deep fry the brinjals first].
- Cover to cook until brinjals are soft. Add a little water if it’s too dry and brinjals are not soft yet.
- Lastly add in the basil leaves. Stir fry to cook leaves and mix well.
- Dish up to serve with porridge or rice.