I never expected that curry flavoured chicken baked this way can be that awesome and I wouldn’t mind preparing it often. It is so easy to do yet the result is very satisfactory.
The curry is aromatic, the spiciness is acceptable , the flavor is good, the chicken meat is soft and juicy. Overall, it is awesome with rice, noodles or buns. I served it with steaming hot rice and a simple Indian Style Fried Cabbage. Hmmmm……yummy, yummy!
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 89 [slightly modified]
Ingredients For Curry Paste
[Blend and Mix Ingredients]
8 shallots – peeled
4 pips garlic – peeled
1 lemongrass – sliced
3-4 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tsp each turmeric powder, salt and sugar
3 tbsp coconut milk [I used 2 tbsp coconut milk powder]
1 tbsp thick tamarind juice
3 chicken whole leg – trimmed away excess fats but keep the skin intact – wash and pat dry
- Mix curry paste ingredients well and use it to marinate chicken pieces.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Grease lightly a non-stick baking pan with oil. Arrange chicken pieces on pan without overlapping them.
- Cover with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Baked in preheated oven at 220 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from oven, turn oven to grill function. Remove foil and grill chicken pieces for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve baked chicken hot with rice.
|Click here for other Roast Meat Recipes|
I am submitting this post to
Little Thumbs Up Event - October 2015 Theme - Coconut organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Jess of Bakericious
I am also submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #27 - October 2015 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours