- Mix durian flesh, corn oil and salt together. Set aside.
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl, add in sugar and lemon juice or vinegar. Whisk eggs until creamy light and fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour in 3 batches, lightly fold each addition. Do not overmix batter.
- Scoop 5-6 tablespoons of egg mixture into durian mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Then mix  and . Lightly mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 6 of 7 inch square tin [lined with parchment paper]. Tap on table top several times to release trapped air.
- Baked in preheated oven at 150 degrees C for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer before removing cake to cool on a wire rack. The cake is done when skewer comes out clean.
- Sliced to serve.
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Just 2 simple dishes, they are appetising and delicious that go well with steaming hot rice. The fried pork tenderloin with a combination of capsicum and some pineapple slices is tasty and flavourful. While the cucumber salad is crunchy and taste is not overly sweet and sour. It is just perfect to savour the salad after resting for several hours and even better the next day. Keep well refrigerated for 3 days.
- Marinate pork slices with seasoning [light soy sauce, oyster sauce, cooking wine, salt, pepper and sugar]. Mix thoroughly and add in water. Continue to mix until all the liquid is absorbed by the meat. Mix in cornstarch and a few drops of oil. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add some oil to a non stick wok, followed by the meat. Turn on to medium heat and stir fry until pork pieces are firm. Add in pineapple slices if using. Cover if oil splutters due to liquid from the meat. Fry until meat is cooked and slightly charred. Add in the marinate with some water, continue to cook.
- Add in the onions, capsicums, leeks etc. Quickly stir fry to mix well and add in hoisin sauce. Mix well. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Dish up to serve immediately with rice.
- Cut zucchini or cucumber into 4 sections lengthwise. Remove the seeds, then cut into 1 inch sections. Cut each section lengthwise into strips [not too broad].
- Mix zucchini, carrots, onions and red chilli [except pineapple] in a big bowl. Add in same salt and mix them well with your fingers. Leave for 10 minutes to soften the cut vegetables.
- Rinse the vegetables under running tap water to remove excess salt. Lightly squeezed out the water. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer cut vegetables to a container, mix in dressing. Cover and shake well to mix in the dressing. Leave in fridge until required.
- Salad tastes good after several hours. Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Monday, June 28, 2021
I was able to get a whole yam [about 800 grams] from the supermart for below RM10.00. This whole yam is enough to cook a few dishes such as Yam Rice, Yam Noodles, Stir Fry Yam with Chicken, Yam and Sago dessert etc. It is long list as yam for these dishes is not a main ingredient. Moreover, cut yam can be stored in the freezer and keeps well for sometime.
- Heat oil in a wok, saute shallots until golden brown and crispy. Remove the crispy shallots into a plate. Set aside.
- Using the same wok, add in mushrooms, dried prawns and lap cheong. Stir fry until aromatic. Add in yam cubes, continue to fry for several minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add in rice and seasoning ingredients.
- Continue to stir fry for several minutes to mix well and the rice is evenly coloured.
- Dish up onto a steaming tray or rice cooker. Add in water and some crispy shallots, stir to mix well.
- Steam rice for 40-50 minutes [halfway, stir to ensure even cooking] or cook rice in the rice cooker as usual.
- Off heat, leave for 5 -10 minutes before fluffing up to serve.
- Garnish with spring onions and crispy shallots.
Friday, June 25, 2021
- Bring water to boil in a soup pot. Add in cooked rice to boil for 5-10 minutes. Stir to loosen up lumps of cooked rice. Add in seasoning to taste. Reduce to low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan, saute ginger, garlic and some spring onions until aromatic. Add in tau cheong [preserved soybean paste]. Fry until aromatic, add in prawns. Continue to fry for 5 minutes or until prawns are firm, shells turned white or about 80-90% cooked.
- Dish up onto boiling porridge. Stir to mix well and leave to boil until prawns are fully cooked [takes only a few minutes]. Throw in the spring onions. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- Pan fried taupau over medium low heat until golden brown in colour and fish paste is cooked. Dish up and cut each pieces into 2 equal portions.
- Using the same wok, remove excess oil. Saute capsicum for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in fried tau pau pieces, pour in the sauce, bring to boil. Stir fry to coat the tau pau pieces with the sauce.
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Pan fry beancurd strips with some oil in a non-stick pan until golden brown and dry. Dish up.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients as stated.
- Heat a non stick pan with oil, saute ginger and dried prawns until aromatic. Add in fried beancurd and shredded ingredients. Continue to stir fry until cooked. You can cooked it till soft or crunchy [according to preferenc]. Drizzle in some water. Add in seasoning to taste.
- Stir to mix well, add in spring onions and dish up to serve.