- Mix durian flesh, corn oil and salt together. Set aside.
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl, add in sugar and lemon juice or vinegar. Whisk eggs until creamy light and fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour in 3 batches, lightly fold each addition. Do not overmix batter.
- Scoop 5-6 tablespoons of egg mixture into durian mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Then mix  and . Lightly mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 6 of 7 inch square tin [lined with parchment paper]. Tap on table top several times to release trapped air.
- Baked in preheated oven at 150 degrees C for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer before removing cake to cool on a wire rack. The cake is done when skewer comes out clean.
- Sliced to serve.
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Monday, June 28, 2021
I was able to get a whole yam [about 800 grams] from the supermart for below RM10.00. This whole yam is enough to cook a few dishes such as Yam Rice, Yam Noodles, Stir Fry Yam with Chicken, Yam and Sago dessert etc. It is long list as yam for these dishes is not a main ingredient. Moreover, cut yam can be stored in the freezer and keeps well for sometime.
- Heat oil in a wok, saute shallots until golden brown and crispy. Remove the crispy shallots into a plate. Set aside.
- Using the same wok, add in mushrooms, dried prawns and lap cheong. Stir fry until aromatic. Add in yam cubes, continue to fry for several minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add in rice and seasoning ingredients.
- Continue to stir fry for several minutes to mix well and the rice is evenly coloured.
- Dish up onto a steaming tray or rice cooker. Add in water and some crispy shallots, stir to mix well.
- Steam rice for 40-50 minutes [halfway, stir to ensure even cooking] or cook rice in the rice cooker as usual.
- Off heat, leave for 5 -10 minutes before fluffing up to serve.
- Garnish with spring onions and crispy shallots.
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- Pan fried taupau over medium low heat until golden brown in colour and fish paste is cooked. Dish up and cut each pieces into 2 equal portions.
- Using the same wok, remove excess oil. Saute capsicum for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in fried tau pau pieces, pour in the sauce, bring to boil. Stir fry to coat the tau pau pieces with the sauce.
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Pan fry beancurd strips with some oil in a non-stick pan until golden brown and dry. Dish up.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients as stated.
- Heat a non stick pan with oil, saute ginger and dried prawns until aromatic. Add in fried beancurd and shredded ingredients. Continue to stir fry until cooked. You can cooked it till soft or crunchy [according to preferenc]. Drizzle in some water. Add in seasoning to taste.
- Stir to mix well, add in spring onions and dish up to serve.
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla essence. Continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Fold in dry ingredients in batches and well combined. Chill in fridge, while you clear the utensils.
- Scoop about a tablespoon dough onto baking tray lined with parchment leaving some space for cookies to expand.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes in middle rack.
- Remove to cool on rack before storing in airtight container.