These two dishes are simple and easy to prepare with minimal ingredients and some easy to get ingredients such as fresh assorted Yong Taufu. It is as delicious, appetising and nutritious.
Dish 3 - Steamed Savoury Rice With Assorted Ingredients
200 gm rice - washed and drained
3 shallots - peeled and sliced thinly
1 tsp chopped ginger
2-3 dried mushrooms - soaked and cut cubes
2-3 strips preserved radish [cai por] - coarsely chopped
30 gm red carrot - peeled and cut cubes
chopped spring onions
1/2 tbsp each cooking oil and sesame seed oil
1 tbsp each oyster sauce and light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp mushroom stock granules
- Prepare the ingredients as above. Heat pan with oil, saute shallots and ginger until aromatic and brown. Add in cai por, mushrooms and carrots. Stir fry until well mix and fragrant.
- Add in rice and seasoning. Continue to fry until all ingredients are well mixed. Dish up into a steaming tray.
- Add enough hot water to rice. Stir and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Steam rice for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Off heat. Fluff up rice before serving. Garnish with spring onions, chilli sauce or cut chiilies. Serve rice with Yong Taufu Vegetable Soup.
several pieces of yong taufoo - cut into bite size pieces
1 piece tofu - cut bite size pieces
some bok choy - wash and cut
some red carrots - peeled and sliced
seasoning to taste
dash of pepper