Here is an easy steamed banana cake recipe.... I had jotted down this recipe from somewhere in my little notebook but forgotten to write down the source. Sorry if this is your recipe, please notify me so that I can link it to yours. I can’t remember whether it is from a printed media or blog.
Anyway, this steamed banana cake turned out well. It is soft, moist but not dense, has the fragrance of the cinnamon that blends well with banana flavour. The sweetness is acceptable to me. By the way, I used the Cavendish bananas which I bought from Tesco.
With this recipe you can get to enjoy banana cake, steamed instead of baked or even replace the oily fried banana cake [ kuih kolok].
[use a 6 inch square baking tin or aluminium foil tray]
60-80 gm brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
65 ml corn oil
200 gm mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp Rum
100 gm plain flour
- Prepare steamer and greased baking tin.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon powder together, set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Drizzle in the corn and continue to whisk until well combined. Add in mashed bananas, mix well.
- Fold in the sifted ingredients lightly until well combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan and steamed over medium high heat for 20 minutes. Test with a skewer , if it comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Remove to cool on wire rack before slicing to serve.