Love this kind of simple and easy recipes generously shared over you-tube. Only a few steps to prepare, yet it is appetising and satisfactory for a meal with rice. I believe even a novice cook can recreate this dish to savour in the comfort of their home.
The meat slices are tender and tastes savoury, sourish and sweet. The crunchy and naturally sweet yellow onions blend well with the meat.
You can use pork neck shoulder meat, pork tenderloin or thin slices of streaky pork belly to cook this dish.
200 gm thin slices streaky pork belly [without skin] - cut into 3 inch lengths
some chopped spring onions
1 yellow onion - peeled and sliced thinly
Seasoning Sauce [combined]
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp grated garlic
2-3 tbsp mirin [can used sushi rice vinegar as substitute]
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
2-3 tbsp water
salt to taste
- Marinate the meat slices with some light soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- Heat some oil wok, fry sliced onions for a few seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add some oil, pan fry the meat slices until golden brown and cooked through.
- Pour in the combined seasoning sauce. Stir fry and bring to boil. Add in the onions. Stir well to combine for a few seconds.
- Add in chopped spring onions. Dish up to serve.