One-minute omelette, so called by the chef who shared this recipe on you-tube video, who has also generously shared another omelette recipe Egg Omelette With Tofu. Both are quick cook recipes so suitable for busy people who cooks at home.
I had prepared this a few times and finally sharing it here. Hope is of use to novice and busy cooks when we run short of ideas on what to cook.
The shredded potatoes are soft and moist and the omelette is fragrant with the lovely crispy edges. You can fine tune the seasoning according to your preference.
This recipe adapted from OE Cooks with modifications.
2 medium size potatoes - peeled and shredded
some chopped spring onions
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and shred the potatoes in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly beat eggs in another bowl. Add in chopped spring onions.
- Heat some oil in a wok, stir fry potatoes until soft. Pour in beaten eggs, spread out mixture and pan fry until the base is cooked.
- Flip over to fry the other side until golden brown and cooked through [if you are skillful otherwise, slide the omelette onto a big plate then invert back to the wok to continue frying until the edges are crispy, omelette is cooked.
- Slide omelette onto serving platter, sliced to serve hot or serve whole.