This dish was cooked at my MIL's place and the wok pan belongs to my hubby's nephew. Look at the condition - this wok is not 'loved' by its' owner, hahaha! I bought a 'wok brush' for him. Hopefully the wok is going to have a clean look soon.
original recipe from Thai Food Recipes with some modifications
6 to 8 chicken wings - cut [or other meaty parts of the chicken - about 500gm]
1 yellow onion - peeled and cut wedges
100 gm fresh mushrooms
1 red chilli - cut diagonally
50 gm ginger - cut thin slices
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 spring onion - cut 1 inch length
1 tbsp cooking oil
some water enough to cook chicken
4 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Heat oil in wok, saute ginger and garlic until aromatic. Add in the chicken pieces. Fry until nearly cooked.
- Add in the seasoning. Continue frying until the gravy is bubbly.
- Add some water to cook chicken until tender and gravy is reduced.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients. Give it a good stir to mix well.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Notes: Visit this site for its' Nutritional Facts [here]