Another soup recipe from Agnes's Chan latest book 'Let's Eat'. The original recipe uses chicken whole legs [skin removed, cut to bite size pieces], but I used pork ribs. This soup is tasty and a little tangy with the tomatoes.Ingredients
300 gm meaty pork ribs
1 potato - peeled and cut into wedges
1/2 carrot - peeled and cut into wedges
1 onion - peeled and quartered
1/2 tsp peppercorns - slightly crushed
800 ml water
1 tomato - cut into pieces
some spring onions - chopped for garnishing
salt to taste
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for several minutes to remove scums. Rinse well.
- Bring water to boil in a soup pot, add in pork ribs and peppercorns, then simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Add in carrots, potatoes and onions, simmer until potatoes and pork ribs are soft.
- Lastly add in tomatoes and salt to taste. Cook a further 5-10 minutes.
- Dish out to serve hot. Sprinkle with spring onions or coriander leaves.Notes: Visit this site for its Nutritional Facts [here]
I'm linking this post to Cook Your Books Event #6
hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours