Must thank Noob Cook [see link] for this lovely recipe on oven baked anchovies. My family loves crispy fried anchovies but I always avoid frying anchovies unless really necessary. Now with this easy and healthy way, I wouldn't mind preparing these crispy anchovies for many, many dishes that require fried anchovies.
100 gm anchovies - halved and remove all the innards and bones
- Place anchovies in a colander and rinse under running water several times [depends on the species, some are more salty than others].
- Drain dry and spread them in a baking tray line with parchment paper.
- Baked in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes. Halfway through baking, toss and spread anchovies evenly to ensure even baking.
- Increase oven temperature to 200 degrees C and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until anchovies are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately or cool completely before storing in an airtight container.Some of the dishes prepared and served with theseoven baked crispy anchoviesStir Fried Spinach with Fried AnchoviesMixed Salad with Oven Baked Crispy AnchoviesStir fry kailan with oven baked crispy anchoviesNotes: Visit this site for it'sNutritional Facts [here]