With fresh fish, steaming is the best way to cook it. Here is a very simple yet aromatic sauce used to steam the fish.
This fish was bought from the fishing boat that came back to shore. Extremely fresh.
1 white promfret [about 300 gm] - cleaned
3 tbsp finely shredded ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 stalk spring onions - chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp sugar
- Heat sesame oil in wok to saute ginger and garlic until lightly brown and crispy.
- Add in the seasoning. Dish out.
- Spread steaming sauce evenly over fish.
- Steam over high heat for 7-10 minutes [depends on size of fish].
- Garnish with spring onions before serving immediately.
Notes: Visit this site for it's Nutritional Facts [here]
I'm also linking this post to Little Thumbs Up Event - Soy Beans
organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and me, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich from Piece of Cake