Have bookmarked to cook Macao Style Pork Chops long time ago but never got down to do it. Looking through this recipe, I realised that I could substitute the pork chops with vegetarian mock meats.Was really satisfied with the result. The mock meat slices were awesome, tasty and yummy. I wouldn't mind preparing it again for vegans to enjoy.
original recipe from Yum Yum Magazine No. 48 with modifications
500 gm wet gluten balls [mee keen] - sliced [can you vegetarian mock pig intestines]
some toasted sesame seeds
some oil for pan frying
3 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp each of 5 spice powder and pepper
- Slice mock meats about 1/2 cm thickness.
- Marinate with marinade for several hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, pan fry meat pieces without the marinade until the edges are brown and slightly crispy. Flip over to fry the other side.
- Dish out on serving platter.
- Add some water to marinade. Pour into pan to boil until it is thickened. Add some toasted sesame seeds [optional if you prefer some gravy].
- Pour over fried mock meat, sprinkle some sesame seeds over meat.Notes: Visit this site for its Nutritional Facts [here]
I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up Event - Soy Beans
organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and me, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich from Piece of Cake
I'm also linking this post to Cook Your Books #5 Event
hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours