Mustard stems on its' own is sometimes a bit bitter but blanched and stir fried with assorted mushrooms, this dish is delicious too. For this dish any combination of the types of mushrooms is alright.Ingredients
original recipe from Yum Yum Magazine No. 77 with some modifications
200 gm mustard stems - cut into pieces
1 small carrot - peeled and sliced
100 gm fresh small abalone mushrooms
50 gm button mushrooms - sliced
50 gm straw mushrooms - sliced
6 pieces dried mushrooms - soaked and sliced
a few slices of ginger
2 tbsp oil
Seasoning Sauce - combine together
1 tbsp each of shaoxing wine, vegetarian oyster sauce
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch mix with 100 ml water
- Bring water to boil, blanch mushrooms and carrots for 1-2 minutes. Dish out and drain
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar to boiling water, blanch mustard stems until the colour turns bright green. Dish out and drain.
- Heat oil in wok, add in blanched mushrooms, then mustard stems. Stir to mix ingredients well.
- Pour in seasoning sauce, stir well and bring it to a boil.
- Dish out to serve immediately.
Notes: Visit this site for its Nutritional Facts [here]