In life, I believe everything has a time for it. After this and that commitments and duties have been attended to and over, it's time again for good, yummy food for the family to feast on.
This is quite a simple and easy dish to prepare yet tasty and appetising. You can add all the peppercorns if you like it 'hot'. The gravy and chicken is so good with rice.
original recipe from Philip Yoong's book Nyonya Deli with slight modifications
3 chicken thighs [about 500 gms] - cut bite size pieces [I used chicken thighs and wings]
1 red chilli - sliced
1 green chilli - sliced [I used 2 small green chilli]
4 tbsp chopped coriander roots
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp ground white peppercorns [I used 2 tsp white pepper]
100 - 150 ml water
1 tbsp oil
Marinade/Seasoning [I used it to marinate the chicken]
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp dark soy sauce
- Marinate chicken with seasoning for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil, saute chopped coriander roots and garlic until aromatic. Add in the chillies and pepper.
- Fry for 1-2 seconds. Add in the chicken. Stir fry until chicken is firm and fragrant.
- Add in water, bring to boil, lower heat to simmer until chicken is cooked and gravy is thickened.
- Dish out to serve immediately with rice.Notes: Visit this site for its' Nutritional Facts [here]
I'm linking this post to Cook Your Books Event #6
hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours