A slightly different way of steaming fish using salted wet sour plums. Looks like no frills steamed fish Teochew style [that is minus the meat, salted vegetable and tofu].
1 medium size white promfret - cleaned
1 piece salted sour wet plum
2 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 red chilli - seeded and chopped
1 stalk spring onion - chopped
1-2 tsp oil
- Place cleaned fish on a steaming plate.
- Heat oil to saute chopped garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add in the chilli and salted wet plum [slightly mashed].
- Dish out to spread evenly over fish.
- Steam fish over high heat for 7-10 minutes [depends on size of fish].
- Garnish with chopped spring onions before serving immediately.
Notes: Visit this site for it's Nutritional Facts [here]