Followers

Monday, November 18, 2013

Steamed Minced Meat with Tong Chye

A very simple steamed pork recipe yet so appetising and tasty served with rice or porridge.  Good dish for busy days.
Ingredients
original recipe from Agnes's Book 'Let's Eat'
[serves 4]
300 gm minced meat
3 tbsp tung chye - rinsed and chopped
Seasoning
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp Shaoxing wine
1/4 tsp each chicken stock granules, pepper and sesame oil 
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
4 tbsp water
  1. Mix minced meat with tong chye and seasoning in a mixing bowl till well combined.
  2. Pour mixture into a steaming platter.  Spread evenly.
  3. Steam over high heat for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
  4. Serve hot with rice and porridge.
Notes: Visit this site for its' Nutritional Facts and print recipe [here]

I'm linking this post to Cook Your Books Event #6
 hosted by Joyce of  Kitchen Flavours
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

8 comments:

Lite Home Bake said...

Nice, i like this simple homey dish :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Lite Home Bake, I tried with a little more wine once and had a sore throat. Must be quite 'heaty' eventhough is a steamed dish.

PH said...

Kimmy, I must follow your recipe. Last weekend I made steamed minced meat but I simply hantam. Hee..hee...of course it turned out not nice at all.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I always thought this dish is an 'easy way out' dish. But not that bad, children and the old like it - no chewing....

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
This is one of my kids' favourite dish to eat with rice. Delicious!
Thanks for sharing with CYB!

mui mui said...

Hi Kimmy,
This dish remind me of childhood :D
My mum use to cook this homey and appetizing dish for us to go with steamed rice. Yum!
mui

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce,I think most children like this dish, including my niece who at times is lazy to chew her food.

Kimmy said...

Hi Mui Mui, some simple dishes are good until they become homey dishes.