What do most people do at home during lockdown? Most times apart from spending time with their 'love' - the handphone, is searching for snacks in between meals. Shopping during MCO with time restrictions, apart from getting the necessities, it is merely possible to browse for snacks. Having a little time, I searched through my pantry and managed to find enough ingredients to make these cookies . Economical and easy to make cookies. These cookies are awesome, chewy, crunchy and yummy to savour with more than sufficient time at home. Freshly baked, it is so much better than store bought ones.
Recipe adapted from You-tube video [Bincy Chris Recipes] with modificationsDish 11 - CHEWY CHOCOLATE OATMEAL RAISINS COOKIES
[makes about 50]
130 gm plain flour - sifted
2 tbsp cocoa powder - sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda - sifted
1/4 tsp salt
150 gm quick cooking oats [can used any other oatmeal of your choice]
100 gm seedless raisins [small]
115 gm butter [room temperature]
100 gm brown sugar
50 gm fine granulated sugar [can reduced to 30 gm]
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla essence. Continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Fold in dry ingredients in batches and well combined. Chill in fridge, while you clear the utensils.
- Scoop about a tablespoon dough onto baking tray lined with parchment leaving some space for cookies to expand.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes in middle rack.
- Remove to cool on rack before storing in airtight container.