When you are tired of having rice, noodles for lunch, perhaps you can consider this savoury pancake for weekend lunch. Preparation is quick with simple ingredients and children should love to have this pancake for a change.
This pancake is tasty, soft and moist but firm. Serve with chilli sauce, tomato sauce or mayonnaise would be great accompaniment. For vegetarian version, just omit the Chinese sausage [Lap Cheong].
250 gm self raising flour or plain flour
250 ml water
- Combine flour, water, eggs and seasoning into a batter. Set aside.
100 gm carrot – peeled and shredded
1 Chinese sausage [lap cheong] – remove the skin and diced
1 stalk spring onions – washed and cut 1 cm lengths
2 cloves garlic – chopped
½ tsp each salt and pepper
Dash of msg
- Heat a non-stick wok with 1/2 tbsp oil, fry sausage and garlic until aromatic. Add in spring onions, carrots and chives. Stir fry to mix well and dish up onto prepared batter. Mix to combine.
- Heat the same wok with 1-2 tbsp oil, pour in half the batter, fry over low heat until the edges are brown and there are small holes appearing in the batter.
- Flip over to fry the other side until golden brown and pancake is cooked. Dish up onto a plate.
- Add another 1-2 tbsp oil in wok and fry another piece with the remaining batter the same way.
- Cut pancake into small pieces and serve with chilli sauce.