These Chicken Serunding [Spicy Chicken Floss] Buns are made using a soft bun dough recipe.
The buns are soft, cottony and good with the spicy chicken floss fillings. The chicken floss were given by my sister’s Muslim colleague during Hari Raya. With some leftovers, I also used it to make Chicken Serunding Bread Rolls using Cinnamon Bread Roll dough recipe [see previous post].
The bread dough is soft, smooth and pliable, not sticky to touch and easy to handle and shape after resting.
100 gm Chicken Serunding [Spicy Chicken Floss]
Some toasted sesame seeds
Ingredients for Bread Dough
[makes 12 Buns]
300 gm bread flour
25 gm castor sugar
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast
190 ml water
- Mix and knead all the dough ingredients [except butter] into a soft dough. Add in butter and continue to knead until soft, smooth and elastic.
- Dust your hands with extra plain flour and shape dough into a ball. Leave in the mixing bowl, cover to rest until double in size [about 20-30 minutes].
- Punch down dough, divide into 2 equal portions [about 275 gm each]. Shape into a ball.
- Divide each portion into 8 equal portions [about 35 gm each]. Roll into a ball then flatten into a round disc. Wrap filling with dough and seal the edges well and shape into a round ball.
- Put them on a lined baking tray. Brush with egg glaze and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
- Proof till double in size [about 30 minutes] and bake in a preheated oven [middle rack] at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes or golden brown.
- Remove and leave to cool on wire rack. Immediately brush baked buns with some melted butter if preferred.