Another tasty vegetarian dish that I prepared for vegetarian diet.
Fragrant fried soft tofu in sweet and sour sauce with pineapples and cucumber makes a wonderful vegetarian dish.
3 pieces sofu tofu - halved
1/2 cucumber - seeded and cut small strips
100 gm pineapple - cut thin strips
1 red chilli - cut strips
some ground peanuts
Seasoning - mix together
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
200 ml water
2 tsp cornstarch - mix with some water for thickening
- Heat up enough oil to pan fry or deep fry tofu pieces until golden brown. Dish up in serving platter and set aside.
- Remove oil, using the same wok, put in cucumber, pineapples and red chillies to fry.
- Pour in seasoning, bring to boil and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Thicken gravy with cornstarch mixture. Bring to boil.
- Pour sauce over fried tofu. Garnish with coriander leaves and sprinkle ground peanuts to serve.