This is an old fashion way of braising pork ribs in a claypot. Simple ingredients and yet tasty with rice. Ribs are very ginger flavoured. In meat dishes with ginger, I'll go for the ginger first before other ingredients. They are so tasty.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 89 [modified]
600 gm spare ribs - cut in pieces
10 tofu puffs [taupok] - washed, squeezed dry and keep whole
10 slices of young ginger
1 tbsp oil
600 ml water
some spring onions - garnishing
1 tbsp each of oyster sauce, shaoxing wine and light soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dark soy sauce
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for several minutes. Rinse with clean water and drained.
- Heat oil in wok, saute ginger until fragrant. Add in pork ribs and seasoning. Stir fry to mix well.
- Add in water, bring to boil for several minutes.
- Transfer to claypot, add in tofu puffs and more water just to cover the ingredients.
- Bring to boil, taste to adjust seasoning. Lower to medium low heat and simmer ribs for another 45 minutes or until ribs are tender.
- Garnish with spring onions, serve ribs in claypot with rice.