Colourful vege dish for yesterday's dinner.
2 tubes of Japanese Tofu - cut 1/2 in wide pieces
1 small packet of sweet snow peas - tailed
1 carrot - sliced slant pieces with pattern
5-6 young corns - cut slantly into 2
2 cloves garlic - sliced
oil for frying
Seasoning Sauce - combined
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
a dash of pepper
a pinch of salt
1 tsp shaoxing wine - optional
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornflour
50 ml water
- Heat wok with oil to fry tofu. Fry a few pieces at a time if not using much oil. Fry till golden brown before turning tofu pieces to prevent breaking them. Dish out and set aside.
- Remove oil from wok. Using the same wok, saute garlic till fragrant and add in all the cut vegetables. Fry for 1-2 minutes to cook, then pour in sauce. Stir to combine and add in fried tofu.
- Stir 1 to 2 times to mix ingredients and dish out.
- there are 2 types of Japanese Tofu - plain and egg flavour
- can add sliced chicken fillet or innards - optional