Stir Fry Sambal Mixed Beans and cut vegetables
Sambal Paste Ingredients - PoundedSecond dish for Sunday's dinner which costs less than Ringgit 4.00. It is a quick stir fry dish and very tasty with rice.
5 ladies' finger - cut slant
5 french beans - cut slant
5 four angled beans [kacang botol] - cut slant
1 carrot - cut slices [see photo for the pattern]
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
Sambal Paste - ingredients all pounded together
[see photo for the basic quantity of ingredients]
salt to taste
- Heat oil in wok. Saute sambal paste till fragrant. Add in all the cut vegetables. Fry to mix ingredients well. Add water. Cover wok to cook vegetables for 1-2 minutes [if you prefer vegetables to be crunchy and longer if you prefer it softer].
- Uncover, add salt to taste. Dish out to serve.
- Sambal paste - it is the same paste that is used to fry Long Beans and Eggplant [please refer to earlier postings]
- My Ma cut the carrot design - simple and nice
- Big onions [cut wedges] can be added too