Another simple dish for porridge or even plain rice.
2 -3 pieces of 'teochew' beancurd
1-2 stalks of spring onion or chinese celery [kin chye] - cut 1 1/2" length
1 tbsp minced meat
1-2 cloves garlic - sliced
2 tbsp light soy sauce
a dash of pepper
50 ml water
oil for frying
chilli shreds for garnishing
- Cut each piece of 'teochew' beancurd into 6 equal pieces
- Deep fry or pan fry till firm. Dish out and set aside.
- Pour away excess oil, leave a little to saute garlic and minced meat or dried prawns till fragrant. Add in soy sauce, water and pepper. Bring to a boil then add in fried beancurd and spring onions/chinese celery. Stir to combine and dish out on plate. Garnish with cut chilli. Serve with porridge or rice.
- can substitute minced meat with 1 tbsp dried prawns [wash & pounded coarsely]
- in Penang wet market, there are 2 types of 'teochew' beancurd. One is plain and the other has a slightly yellowish surface. Texture is slightly firmer than tofu.