|Family Style Sesame Oil Ginger Chicken [Muar Eu Khay]|
|Main Ingredients - Chicken and Ginger|
1 kg chicken - cut bite size pieces
3 inch piece of ginger - cut shreds
3-4 tbsp sesame oil
3-4 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
100 ml water
- Heat sesame oil in wok, saute shredded ginger till fragrant and golden. Dish out half portion. Leave the balance in wok, add in chicken pieces.
- Fry till chicken turns white, then add in the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce. Continue to fry till chicken is firm and half cooked. Add enough water to cover chicken pieces. Bring it to a boil and cover wok to cook chicken for 15 minutes or till chicken is tender and gravy is slightly thickened.
- Dish out on plate. Top up with fried ginger shreds.
- Can add 1 tbsp shaoxing wine and cut spring onions before dishing out.
- Ginger can be sliced thinly instead of shredded