A home cooked dish which is not too similar with those sold at economy food stalls. At home we used more minced meat instead of eggs. Simple, get minced meat mix with the rest of ingredients and steam. Can prepare way ahead of meal time. Can be served at room temperature.
|See the texture of meat and eggs, soft and tasty|
200 gm minced meat
1 tbsp Chinese preserved vegetables [tung choi] - rinsed 1-2 times. Squeeze out excess water
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp white pepper
50 ml water
a pinch of msg - optional3 eggs
- Season minced meat with seasoning in a steaming dish. Add water, mix well to r incorporate water with meat.
- Add in eggs. Use a fork to lightly mix all ingredients.
- Steam over boiling water over high heat for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- If preferred, garnish with chopped spring onions and garlic crisps.
- Can substitute the eggs with 2 eggs and 1 salted egg [break up the salted egg yolk into smaller pieces and spread on top of mixture before steaming]