This is a simple chiffon using flavoured yoghurt. Here I used mango flavour. With this recipe you can bake chiffon with any other flavoured yoghurts. The cake is spongy, light, moist and slightly tangy.
Ingredients - Egg Yolk Mixture
3 large egg yolks
2 tbsp castor sugar
3 tbsp corn oil
80 gm mango flavour yoghurt
80 gm cake flour [superfine flour]
- Place all the dry ingredients [sifted flour and sugar] in the mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in all the liquid ingredients [yoghurt, oil and egg yolks]. Beat together using a paddle hook on medium to high speed until well combined and mixture is smooth [takes about 5 minutes]. Set aside.
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3.5 tbsp caster sugar
- Whisk egg white in a clean mixing bowl till frothy, then add in cream of tartar. Continue beating for a second and add in caster sugar gradually. Continue beating all the time till soft peaks formed [Note - it is easier to fold in soft peak egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture. Do not overbeat meringue]
- Fold in 1/2 the egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture till well combined. Then fold into the balance egg white mixture. Fold till mixtures are well combined.
- Pour into 7" chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees for 30-35 minutes on lower rack.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert pan to cool cake before removing from pan.