|Soup before adding thickening|
A thick soup which is quite similar in texture to shark fin's soup minus the shark fins. Soup is tasty with the flavours from fresh crab meat, fish maw and mushrooms.
50 gm thin fish maw pieces [used fried type]
1 floret white fungus - soaked and cut thin strips
2 dried mushrooms - soaked and shredded
1/2 cup steamed crab meat
1/4 cup steamed shredded chicken meat
700 ml water/chicken stock
2-3 slices ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
salt, pepper and msg to taste
1 1/2 tbsp potato starch + 2 tbsp water - thickening
black vinegar for added flavour when serving
- Soak fish maw pieces until soft and cut into thin strips. Squeeze out excess water [blanched in some hot water to remove as much oil as possible].
- Heat sesame oil in a pot to saute ginger slices until aromatic. Splash in the wine and pour in water/chicken stock. Bring it to a quick boil.
- Add in the fish maw, white fungus and dried mushrooms. Simmer until ingredients are soft. Add in seasoning, crab meat and chicken meat. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Bring soup to a boil again before stirring in thickening.
- Serve soup hot with black vinegar.
|Soup after adding thickening|
I'm sharing this post with Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by Suresh at 3 hungry tummies