Followers

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Soya Bean Milk Loaf Bread [Straight Dough Method]

 
Never tried using soy bean milk to bake bread loaf.  So here is my attempt and the bread turns out soft and moist too.  My hubby says I should bake more of this kind of bread but I can't tell the difference with other breads that I have  baked which are also soft, moist and fluffy.  Anyway, again I take this as an option for times when I need to clear some ingredients in my pantry...
Ingredients
[makes 2 loaves x 450 gm]
450 gm bread flour
100 gm plain flour
50 gm wholemeal  flour
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar [about 50 gm]
350 ml soy bean milk
3.5 tsp yeast
1.5 tbsp butter
  1. Knead all dough ingredients [except butter] on slow speed to combine.   Then  continue kneading on medium speed until dough is soft and smooth [about 7-10 minutes].
  2. Add in butter and continue kneading on low speed from the start then turn to medium speed when butter and dough has combined.  Knead for about 5-7 minutes to get to window pane stage or smooth, elastic and dough is not sticky.
  3. Form dough into a ball.  Place in a bowl covered to rest for 30 minutes or double in size [usually is less than 1 hour].
  4. Punch down rested dough.  Divide into 2 equal portions.  Round up into a ball.  Fold into thirds then roll each portion into a rectangle.   Roll up like swiss roll and seal the edges well [you can shape the loaves according to own preference]. Place the  loaves in greased Pullman's tins.
  5. Leave in oven to proof until double in size [about 1 hour/rise to 80% of the baking tin].  
  6. Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for 30 minutes.  Remove and cool on wire rack.  

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhLsOB6dmk6Qk1JhMZBEjS1H1ZsMHP85OC0XF-UMKGDm7HWftnKRPpELGq5ABDKfdgP0j20-XcO-J80UQt5vmxO0l6SomUSLIZkUj-Mh48n_RjJegZaSXhjvpvXUVidQktZgiVymtmfY94t/s1600/BYOB+words+only.jpg

I'm submitting this post to Bake Your Own Bread [BYOB] via girlichef


7 comments:

PH said...

Very interesting that you use soya bean milk for the bread. Wah, your family get fresh bread at home every day :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, before I settled down, my breakfast used to be noodles [Pg no problemlah] but I married a 'Roti King' and my breakfast also changes to bread, bread, bread otherwise I'll have to eat alone every morning...and you know, I don't like to eat the same thing day in day out, so I must 'invent' different breads. I really appreciate those who share their wonderful bread recipes in their blogs.

Heather S-G said...

Well, it definitely looks light and fluffy...like one my kids would love. It's actually a really good to know that Soy Milk can work as a replacement, I'd never tried before. Thanks Kimmy! =)

kimmy said...

Hi Heather, it was just a gamble I did trying to clear off my stock of soy bean milk. My hubby suggested to try with homemade soy milk [oh, too much work, lol.]

Unknown said...


nice recipe and great photography. thankyou for shearing this information with us!chowringhee satyaniketan

Nic said...

Hi Kimmy, how many gram is 1.5 tbsp butter?

Kimmy said...

Hi Nic, it is about 20-21 grams.