Honestly, all looks well but I'm not all satisfied with the result. The cake is light but not that cottony [cos' it is not Japanese Cotton Cheesecake recipe]. I made some mistakes when I invert the cake to cool cos' the base was quite moist. That's why my cake surface went missing. I must try again with Japanese Cotton Cheesecake recipe even though I'm not a fan of cheesecakes.
[adapted from batter baker]
140 gm cream cheese
40 ml milk
70 gm sugar
70 gm sugar
2 eggs - separated
30 gm cornflour
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine cheese and milk over a double-boiler. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and vanilla until creamy. Add in cheese mixture and cornflour. Whisk to blend well.
- Fold in 1/3 egg whites to cheese mixture until well combined. Add to the rest of egg white. Fold until well incorporated.
- Bake in water bath at 160 degrees C for about 50 minutes.
- Finally allow cake to cool in oven with door ajar for about 30 minutes before slicing.
I inverted the cake because the cake base was quite moist. Chill in fridge for 2-3 hours before slicing. [I think must chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours before removing from baking tin and slicing]