Another home cooked Indian style curry using curry leaves and curry powder. Tasty, flavourful and easy curry. Can prepare the curry stock and freezed in portions for later use. Just reheat curry, add in tomatoes, onions, fried fish and eggs before serving.
|Fish And Eggs Curry|
5 pieces fish blocks - pan fry in oil till golden. Set aside
5 hard boiled eggs - pan fry in oil till golden. Set aside
1 tomato - cut wedges
1 big onion - cut wedges
1-2 tbsp tamarind paste mix with 750 ml water. Strain away seeds, keep juice
100 ml fresh milk [substitute with 50 ml coconut milk]
salt and sugar to taste
4 tbsp oil
Curry Mix - Combined together the 6 ingredients
2 cloves garlic - blended
50 gm shallots - blended
2 tbsp chilli paste/boh [either dried chillies or fresh red chillies]
2 tbsp fish curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mixed halba - optional
1-2 sprigs curry leaves1 lemongrass - lightly smashed
- Prepare all the ingredients and set aside. Heat oil in pot on medium heat. Before oil is hot, add in combined curry mix, lemongrass and curry leaves. Saute till fragrant and oil is chilli red. Add in tamarind juice. Bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and onions followed by milk. Let it boil and add in salt and sugar to taste.
- When curry boils, add in fried fish and eggs. Off fire and dish out to serve with rice.
- If storing curry, prepare only step 1. When serving, follow steps 2 and 3. Curry tastes good after several hours.
- Can substitute fish with prawns. Fish, prawns and eggs need not be pan fried but must be added before adding milk, tomatoes and onions.
- Mint, spring onions and coriander can be added to curry.
I'm sharing this post with The Soup Kitchen Monthly Bloggers' Event - September 2012 [TSK Butler] hosted by The Spanish Wok.