Have this recipe in my must try list for a long, long time eventhough I have all the ingredients ready. Also wanted to bake these to share with Little Thumbs Up May 2015 Event on Yoghurt but somehow, never hit the dateline. I should have done it soon enough cos’ these mini cakes turned out well and tastes good. Moreover, the preparation is easy and quick.
This recipe is a keeper and thanks to Ann [Anncoo Journal] for sharing this lovely recipe. I assure you that I will be baking these often as I like the cheesy, buttery and chocolaty combination of flavours. Ann managed to make 24 cakes from this recipe but I only got 12 pieces [maybe my cupcake cases are bigger].
Recipe Source – adapted from [Anncoo Journal]
120 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
15 gm Golden cheese powder
80 gm butter at room temperature
80 gm castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp natural yoghurt or sour cream
2 large eggs [about 70 gm each]
60 ml fresh milk [I used natural yoghurt]
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add in the salt and golden cheese powder. Mix well.
- Line muffin trays with cupcake liners or greased them lightly. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add in 2 tablespoon of yoghurt, vanilla essence, then 1 egg at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and milk/yoghurt alternately into butter mixture. Mix well.
- Divide batter into 2 portions. Keep one plain and add cocoa paste to the other. Lightly mix to combine.
- Scoop both batters alternately into prepared baking moulds until 90% full.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes on middle rack. Test with skewer before removing from oven.
- Remove mini cakes from baking trays to cool completely on wire rack. Serve.
Posted Updated 26 July 2015
How The Cupcakes Look [Double Portion of the recipe-makes 12 big cupcakes]