Followers

Friday, July 3, 2015

MINI GOLDEN CHEESE CHOCOLATE CAKES

Have this recipe in my must try list for a long, long time eventhough I have all the ingredients ready. Also wanted to bake these to share with Little Thumbs Up May 2015 Event on Yoghurt but somehow, never hit the dateline. I should have done it soon enough cos’ these mini cakes turned out well and tastes good. Moreover, the preparation is easy and quick.
This recipe is a keeper and thanks to Ann [Anncoo Journal] for sharing this lovely recipe. I assure you that I will be baking these often as I like the cheesy, buttery and chocolaty combination of flavours. Ann managed to make 24 cakes from this recipe but I only got 12 pieces [maybe my cupcake cases are bigger].
Recipe Source – adapted from [Anncoo Journal]
Ingredients
[makes 12]
120 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
15 gm Golden cheese powder
80 gm butter at room temperature
80 gm castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp natural yoghurt or sour cream
2 large eggs [about 70 gm each]
60 ml fresh milk [I used natural yoghurt]
1 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 1 ½ tbsp hot water into a paste
  1. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add in the salt and golden cheese powder. Mix well.
  2. Line muffin trays with cupcake liners or greased them lightly. Set aside.
  3. In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add in 2 tablespoon of yoghurt, vanilla essence, then 1 egg at a time. Beat well after each addition. 
  4. Fold in the flour and milk/yoghurt alternately into butter mixture. Mix well.
  5. Divide batter into 2 portions. Keep one plain and add cocoa paste to the other. Lightly mix to combine.
  6. Scoop both batters alternately into prepared baking moulds until 90% full.
  7. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes on middle rack. Test with skewer before removing from oven. 
  8. Remove mini cakes from baking trays to cool completely on wire rack. Serve.
Posted Updated 26 July 2015 
How The Cupcakes Look [Double Portion of the recipe-makes 12 big cupcakes]

8 comments:

~董夫人~ said...

Kimmy, look nice..
Where can I get the Golden Cheese Powder?

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Hi Kimmy, these mini cakes definitely looks good & taste good ^-^!

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! This reminded me of my cheese powder that smelled of onions hah..hah... Your Mini Golden Cheese Chocolate Cakes turned out beautifully.

Kimmy said...

Hi Lay Pheng, I bought it from a baking items store at I-Avenue, Bukit Jambul [near to PBA Office, same road as Maybank Bkt Jambul]. It is open from 11am-9pm daily. Can't remember the name of the shop.

Kimmy said...

Hi Karen, initially I wasn't thinking of sharing this recipe but once I tasted it, I changed my mind. It's a good recipe that I should record in my blog for future reference. Love the combination of cocoa and cheese. Moreover, it is easy to prepare.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, thanks for telling me it smells like onion. When I smelt it, I thought it has turned rancid but then how could it be cos' I just bought it. Luckily, I didn't throw it away, hehehe!

ann low said...

Hi Kimmy, So glad that you liked this recipe :D The cake looks pretty and moist. Yummm ...

Kimmy said...

Hi Ann, I'm more than happy with this recipe. Satisfied I should say cos' my hubby's expression was 'hmmmmm.......' meaning 'GOOD'. Moreover, cheese powder doesn't cost much, hehehe!