Followers

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

LUO HAN GUO WITH LOTUS ROOTS DESSERT [罗汉果莲藕甜汤]

This is another lovely Luo Han Guo [Buddha’s Fruit] dessert that requires no SUGAR to be added. The second of its kind which I tried after my previous dessert using this fruit. The natural sweetness comes from the Luo Han Guo itself. This recipe was shared by HHB [Happy Home Baking] but accidentally I added some dried longan to it before I refered back to the recipe. Please refer  to Happy Home Baking for the original recipe.

Anyway, this dessert is really good. My neighbour and hubby agreed fully that it is a healthy dessert as no sugar is needed. This dessert is good served hot or cold. Awesome, love the natural sweetness. My friend described the sweetness as ‘Kam Kam’.

Ingredients

[serves 6]

1 Luo Han Guo [cracked]

10 red dates

1.5 litres water

30 gm dried longan
1 section of the lotus roots
 
  1. Bring water to boil with luo han guo and red dates for about 20 minutes. Add in the lotus roots and continue to boil for another 15 minutes over medium low heat.
  2. Add in the dried longan and boil for 5-10 minutes.
  3. Serve warm, cold or chilled.

4 comments:

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! I think the addition of dried longans is also very good. This is so refreshing and good for our current hot weather.

Amy Baking Diary said...

Nice dessert!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, sure good, extra liao and sweetness, hehehe! Warm or chilled it is nice.

Kimmy said...

Hi Amy, you should try this dessert. I like it very much cos' no sugar needed.