Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

TEA LEAF RICE


This is a very easy, simple tea flavoured rice to prepare. The original recipe is from Amy Beh where she advised that Long Jing tea leaves are used for cooking this rice because the flavor of this tea is mild and tasty.
I served this tea flavoured rice Black Beans Spare Ribs in Pumpkin Bowl [Click Here for recipe].
Recipe adapted from Amy Beh’s Book – At Home With Amy Beh 2
Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
300 gm rice – washed and drained
10 gm Long Jing tea leaves [about 2 tbsp]
650 ml boiling hot water
½ tsp salt
1 tsp oil
  1. Steep the tea leaves with boiling water for about 10 minutes.
  2. Combine rice, tea and tea leaves, oil and salt in rice cooker or steaming tray [if using steaming method to cook rice].
  3. Mix well and cook rice in rice cooker or steamer for 30 minutes or until cooked.
  4. Fluff up rice and serve with other dishes.

Little Thumbs Up


I'm sharing this with Little Thumbs Up Event [July 2015 - TEA] organised by Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids 
hosted by Cheryl of Baking Taitai
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
I'm submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #25 [July 2015] hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours

4 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I wonder what is it like - rice with tea flavor. This is something I have yet to try.

Zoe said...

Hi Kimmy,

What a lovely way to enjoy rice and tea. I like Amy Beh too. Her recipes are always good :D

Zoe

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, my hubby says the aroma is not intense. I told him to eat it for curiosity sake, hehehe!

Kimmy said...

Hi Zoe, yes Amy Beh has lots of lovely recipes but most recipes require too many ingredients. I like to simplify a little but this recipe is very simple with just a few ingredients.