This is a fast and easy, aromatic drink to prepare. Refreshingly good to keep our body hydrated is essential in our hot weather and more so during the fasting month. But do note that it is advisable not to drink too much tea just before ‘sahur’ as it is a diuretic and can tend to cause essential minerals to be drained from the body.
Recipe adapted from Home Cooking Magazine [December 2000]
4 stalks lemongrass – lightly bruised
1 liter water
2 tea bags
100 gm brown sugar
- Bring water and lemongrass to boil for about 3 minutes.
- Off heat and steep tea bags in boiling hot water for about 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the tea bags and lemongrass. Let stand for about 10 minutes then chill in the fridge until serving time.
- To make the syrup, mix sugar with boiling water and stir until sugar dissolves. Add to tea and lemongrass water.
- To serve, pour chilled tea drink over ice cubes in a serving glass or serve it warm without chilling or ice cubes.
I'm sharing this with Little Thumbs Up Event [July 2015 - TEA] organised by Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids hosted by Cheryl of Baking Taitai