Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

LEMONGRASS ICED TEA

This is a fast and easy, aromatic drink to prepare. Refreshingly good to keep our body hydrated is essential in our hot weather and more so during the fasting month. But do note that it is advisable not to drink too much tea just before ‘sahur’ as it is a diuretic and can tend to cause essential minerals to be drained from the body.
This tea drinks takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes cooking time.
Recipe adapted from Home Cooking Magazine [December 2000]
Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
4 stalks lemongrass – lightly bruised
1 liter water
2 tea bags
Syrup
100 gm brown sugar
250 ml water
  1. Bring water and lemongrass to boil for about 3 minutes.
  2. Off heat and steep tea bags in boiling hot water for about 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
  3. Remove the tea bags and lemongrass. Let stand for about 10 minutes then chill in the fridge until serving time.
  4. To make the syrup, mix sugar with boiling water and stir until sugar dissolves. Add to tea and lemongrass water.
  5. To serve, pour chilled tea drink over ice cubes in a serving glass or serve it warm without chilling or ice cubes.
Little Thumbs Up

I'm sharing this with Little Thumbs Up Event [July 2015 - TEA] organised by Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids hosted by Cheryl of Baking Taitai


I'm submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #25 [July 2015] hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

7 comments:

Baking Taitai said...

I would love to have a glass to keep me cool in this hot weather! Thanks for sharing!

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Oh yes! So refreshing. .. I need some iced tea to quench my thirst. ..hee hee!

Zoe said...

Hi Kimmy,

Your iced tea sounds very fragrant with addition of lemongrass... Very therapeutic too!

Zoe

PH said...

Kimmy, I have tried a lemongrass and ginger tea and it was quite good. But I find that the ginger taste is quite strong, though I don't mind it. This Lemongrass Iced Tea would be more suited for me and it is very refreshing and cooling.

kitchen flavours said...

Looks so refreshing, perfect for our super hot weather! I like the fragrance from lemongrass!

mui mui said...

Hi Kimmy,
I smell lemongrass scent from my screen..haha
Your glass of lemongrass iced tea is simply fabulous for a super hot weather.
mui

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, Mui Mui, yes it is refreshingly good and best of all, it isn't that sweet.