I have prepared several desserts with pumpkin early this month but didn't realise that Best Recipes event for this month is on 'Pumpkin'.
Anyway, with still some pumpkins left, I baked this cake using my latest acquired non-stick muffin tray. Got it rather cheap at the hypermart. The original recipe is a cake baked in 8 inch square pan. It's a good thing, I used my new muffin tray cos' I managed to get 6 mini cakes which I can give my neighbours.
This cake is moist and dense but tasted good with the aroma of cinnamon. It is not that sweet even with raisins in it as I have reduced the sugar to this amount.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine
[ 8 inch square pan – baked 45 minutes]
[ large size muffin pan – baked 30 minutes]
250 gm butter – room temperature
180 gm soft brown sugar [I used 150 gm]
4 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
270 gm plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder – sifted together
½ tsp mixed spices + ½ tsp cinnamon powder
200 gm pumpkin – peeled and shredded
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and spice powders and milk in batches until well combined.
- Fold in shredded pumpkin and raisins.
- Pour into a greased cake pan or muffin tray.
- Baked in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 45 or 30 minutes respectively.
- Test with a skewer before remove pan to cool on wire rack.
I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone
July 2015 Event : I have a date with "Pumpkin"