Followers

Monday, July 13, 2015

PUMPKIN AND RAISIN CAKE

I have prepared several desserts with pumpkin early this month but didn't realise that Best Recipes event for this month is on 'Pumpkin'.
Anyway, with still some pumpkins left, I baked this cake using my latest acquired non-stick muffin tray. Got it rather cheap at the hypermart. The original recipe is a cake baked in 8 inch square pan.  It's a good thing, I used my new muffin tray cos' I managed to get 6 mini cakes which I can give my neighbours.
This cake is moist and dense but tasted good with the aroma of cinnamon.  It is not that sweet even with raisins in it as I have reduced the sugar to this amount.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine
Ingredients
[ 8 inch square pan – baked 45 minutes]
[ large size muffin pan – baked 30 minutes]
250 gm butter – room temperature
180 gm soft brown sugar [I used 150 gm]
4 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
270 gm plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder – sifted together
½ tsp mixed spices + ½ tsp cinnamon powder
200 gm pumpkin – peeled and shredded
50 gm raisins – soaked for 10 minutes and drained



  1. Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
  2. Add in eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. 
  3. Fold in sifted flour and spice powders and milk in batches until well combined. 
  4. Fold in shredded pumpkin and raisins.
  5. Pour into a greased cake pan or muffin tray.
  6. Baked in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 45 or 30 minutes respectively.
  7. Test with a skewer before remove pan to cool on wire rack.





I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone

July 2015 Event : I have a date with "Pumpkin"
organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom 
and co-hosted by Rachel

 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
I'm also submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #25 [July 2015] hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours

9 comments:

ann low said...

Hi Kimmy, This raisin cake looks pretty and sounds very healthy too. Love your new baking pan! :)

rachel said...

Yummy~ Yummy ~
thanks for link to BREE event :)

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Kimmy, these mini cakes looked so inviting. .. like the golden colour :D

Fion said...

Oh my oh my,I saw the cake so moist
Like it like it!!

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! I love cakes with pumpkin. Quite a good idea to bake individual small cakes so that you don't have to slice it. Your muffin pan is very nice with the designs. If I see, I will sure buy hee..hee...

Kimmy said...

Thanks Ann, I will have to use this pan more often, hehehe! It's a tasty cake, though.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I saw it a few times and what tempted me to buy was the change in price. Price reduction by 35%. There was another 6 hole non-stick muffin tray, too. I bought these 2 cos' of the price. Looks like I have to bake more cakes/buns using them, hehehe!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
Lovely cake! I like pumpkin in cakes! Perfect for snacking!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I enjoyed eating this cake with a cup of hot coffee and tea without sugar. Nice.