Followers

Monday, July 20, 2015

EZCR#17 - PUMPKIN AND PORK RIBS SOUP

This is a homey pumpkin soup that is very easy to cook and which I have been cooking whenever I have pumpkins at home.
The combination of ingredients can be according to one’s preference. You can add or omit some ingredients like red dates and dried cuttlefish or replace pork ribs with pork belly or pork tenderloin. Pork ribs and pork belly will need a longer time to cook compared to pork tenderloin.  So the cooking time differs with the different meats that you used.
Anyway, I used all the 4 ingredients in this soup and it is tasty and delicious.
Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
200 gm pork ribs 
200 gm pumpkin – peeled and cut wedges
5-6 red dates
1 small piece of dried cuttlefish – rinsed [optional]
3 cloves garlic with skin
700 ml water
½ tsp salt to taste
¼ tsp msg to taste
  1. Blanch pork ribs with boiling water for several minutes. Rinse with running tap water to remove the scums.
  2. Bring water to boil in a soup pot [I used claypot]. Add in pork ribs, garlic and dried cuttlefish. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes until pork ribs are tender.
  3. Add in red dates [you can add it in step 2], pumpkin wedges and seasoning to taste. Continue to boil/simmer for another 10-15 minutes until pumpkin is tender.
  4. Dish up to serve hot.


I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone

 July 2015 Event : I have a date with "Pumpkin"
organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom
and co-hosted by Rachel

4 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I love having pumpkin in soups and other dishes. If I have this soup, I will attack the pumpkins first hee..hee...

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, me too love the soft and sweet pumpkin pieces. I like the clear and tasty soup.

ann low said...

Hi Kimmy, I like pumpkin in soup. Very healthy and not oily at all. Thumbs Up!!

Kimmy said...

Hi Ann, this is an easy soup to cook with just a few ingredients. Yes, healthy, not oily and tasty.