This is a buttery and crispy kind of cookies most children would like. Here, I have reduced the sugar a little without affecting the taste, so long as you use good quality butter.
[makes 2 bottles]
200 gm butter
150 gm icing sugar [I reduced to 120 gm]
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 gm cornflakes - crushed
150 gm plain flour - sifted together with 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp cream of tartar [optional]
1/2 tsp salt
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and essence. Continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Fold in sifted ingredients then cornflakes. Mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking tray lined with parchment paper leaving about 1-2 cm space in between [the dough will spread a little].
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes [middle shelf] or until golden brown.
- Remove to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight containers.
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover