Another tasty pot of porridge which I cooked on cookies' baking day. I also added some blanched watercress [place at the bottom of the bowl] to make it a complete 1 Dish Meal.Ingredients
150 gm white rice - washed/drained
200 gm yam - cut wedges or diced
enough oil to pan fry yam pieces
1 tbsp dried prawns - rinsed
300 gm spare ribs [I used soft bone meat] - blanched in boiling water to remove scum and rinsed
1.5 litres water
1 tsp salt
dash of pepper
some light soy sauce
garnish - some chopped spring onions and fried garlic crisps
- Bring water to boil. Add in pork ribs to simmer until tender.
- Heat up enough oil to pan fry yam pieces until golden brown. Dish out and set aside.
- Leave a tablespoon oil to saute dried prawns until aromatic. Add in white rice to mix.
- Transfer rice to pork ribs soup. Bring to boil again then lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes or when pork ribs are tender. Add in the yam pieces and seasoning to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, off heat and cover for 10 minutes before serving.
- Dish out to serve. Garnish with spring onions, fried garlic crisps and dash of pepper.