This is a curry puff filling which I use for this steamed pau. The idea came from Chicken Curry Bread [very famous in Kampar, Perak. But much simpler yet nice for hot steaming pau. Not too spicy for the taste bud though.
[enough to make 16 medium size paus]
1/2 chicken breast - bones removed and diced
1 medium size sweet potato - parboiled/steamed till soft - diced
1 big onion - chopped
2 sprigs curry leaves
2-3 tbsp meat curry powder mix with 2 tbsp water into paste
2 tbsp oil
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- Heat wok with oil, saute onions and curry leaves until fragrant. Add in curry powder paste.
- Stir fry until aromatic, add in the chicken. Continue to fry until chicken is cooked.
- Add in parboiled potato, stir to mix and add in 100 ml water.
- Bring to boil and lower heat to cook until chicken and potatoes are soft and almost dry.
- Dish out to cool and refrigerate until required.
Filling used for my Chicken, Sweet Potato Curry Steamed Paus [recipe here].