Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Spicy Tomato Fried Rice

Another simple fried rice which I prepared for the family during the day when I was busy baking cookies [I had other chores to do too for the day, hehehe!].  I remembered, it was also 'fogging day' [around dusk] - someone was down with the fearful Dengue fever in the area.  So easy fast  cooking is best.

Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
4 bowls cooked rice 
150 gm chicken meat - diced - marinate with salt, pepper and dash of sesame oil
1 tomato - seeded and diced
2 eggs 
3 tbsp oil
some chopped spring onions
some flat beans - cut small pieces or frozen mixed vegetables [optional]
Seasoning
1 tsp each chilli powder, curry powder and salt
3 tbsp tomato sauce
  1. Heat oil to stir fry diced chicken until cooked.  Push aside.
  2. Add in egg and stir fry until set.  Add in tomato, chicken, cooked rice, beans and seasoning.
  3. Mix well on low heat then stir fry over high heat until well mixed.
  4. Dish out to serve, garnish with chopped spring onions.


6 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I know this fried rice is very delicious. I think I can eat two plates!

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Kimmy! Another quick, easy and yummy recipe! Some chili padi please!

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

Very tasty n quick to make

kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, yes we ate a lot. I used Basmathi rice which is very light and fluffy.

kimmy said...

Hi Chef, you can either increase the curry powder or add some chili padi if you love it spicy.

kimmy said...

Hi Maha, it is very fuss free yet appetising.