Simple yet yummy chicken dish that goes well with steaming hot rice. Also good when served with a combination of freshly cut cucumber and tomato.
3-4 chicken thighs - skin removed and cut strips. Marinate with 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp oil
Seasoning Sauce - Mix together
2 tbsp each tomato sauce and black vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce and wine
1/2 tbsp each sugar and cornstarch
- Marinate chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Heat up wok with oil, pan-fry the marinated chicken until golden brown on both sides. Push aside.
- Saute garlic and red chilli until aromatic. Pour in the sauce. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Mix in the chicken, stir fry to mix well.
- Dish up and serve with hot plain rice.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast [February 2013] hosted by Small Small Baker.